Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wikis...What the heck?

I will be honest I had no idea what a Wiki was. I have even avoided finding out what they were, lest I discover that it was some strange infection. Perhaps since I am not a fan of Wikipedia I thought that it was a shorten version of it. Wow was I wrong! What have I been missing?

A Wiki is not something to be afraid of but something to be embraced! A great way to coordinate information all in one place. I am now looking at all of the ways that I could use it to communicate information with many of the organizations that I am involved with.

The MSLIS wiki was very interesting, perhaps a bit of information overload though. A cursery search lead me to links for great information that I can use while at SU but even information that I can use for my current job. I love the idea that it is fluid and changing as more provide input.

I look forward to exploring this new medium of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment